YEMENI COOKING



The Yemeni Cooking Class - Hummus, mutabal, bureck, and shistaouk. That's what I learnt to cook. And, absolutely DELICIOUS. That was great. I had no idea what to expect - and of course I ate way to much. My favorite the bureck - but wow, what a lot of work. Can't forget to mention that I brought some home with me too.

Yesterday was the Gubernatorial election day here in Balikpapan - for the Regency of East Kalimantan. Time for a new Gubernaught* spelling - no idea, but it's the same as a governor. (Probably a word left over from the Dutch). So the first round of elections was held, back in May. I believe there were about 40 parties running, and if that's an exaggeration, it's not by much. The one with the most votes - didn't get enough. So, have to have a re-election between the top two parties. The two parties - Party #1 is lead by a local from Kalimantan, Party #3 (and it really is #3) from our neighbouring island Sulawesi.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine how well this is going to work out. Not sure how long it will take to count the votes. Last time I think it was about a week. Good thing most of that action will take place in Samarinda the city north of us.

TODAY: Friday, wholly, another week has just zipped past. Pool time this morning - just got back, the sun is trying to peek out. And OMG - was that ever cold. After 4 days of rain and a non-heated pool ............ brrrrrrrrrr.

Need to see a guy at Semut Graphics today. For a project, I some how managed to get myself sucked into the black hole with .........................

Happy Friday everyone. Good to Go!

No comments: