JALAN

No ... this is not my street. This is the street (Jalan) I take to get to the other side of town. Somewhat of a connecting road I guess. Believe it or not, it is actually a main street. And it is very skinny. And it really, really sucks when too many people park their cars on the side of it. Especially when it's big truck. Note: there seems to be no rules here for big trucks.

Another rainy day in Balikpapan. Yes I am, getting a little tired of that. Maybe the rainy season has really begun. Back again to the power on, power off thing again too. Seems lately there's a bit of a correlation with that. Rain vers. electricity. (And the Internet)

TODAY: Well for starters - this post, is late. Today we had KFC for lunch. All 4 of us. Me, the other Me, Semmi and the driver. No fries today though - instead only rice. I was once told that KFC was the first western world restaurant to open in Indonesia. That's amazing - cause they are everywhere here. They are like the Gods of CHICKEN & RICE.

Today I need to get to the printers and pick up all my stuff. That means a trip down that skinny little connecting road. And later tonight, me and the other Me are going for a massage. A one hour full body traditional massage. Yes! One hour for 110,000 Rupiah - that's like $11. So looking forward to that. And to celebrate after our trip down that skinny little road again for the second time in one day - Chef Boyardee Ravioli tonight. And sad to say, but one can of that stuff, cost me almost 4 bucks.

Good to Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job with the blog. Keep it up!