NOODLE STIX


NOODLE STIX. Noodle Stix - like the sound of that. That's where we ended up. And all by accident of course.

Option 1 - even though the sign says "OPEN DAILY 12 - 12 " It was not. TUTUP. Closed. Option 2 - TUTUP. Closed. Closed we were told and never opening again. Maybe they just didn't like us - or just didn't want to cook - or wanted the afternoon off. (That does tend to happen around here.)

Oh well, so now that we were car-less, "no problem, just drop us off" (already sent the driver off to get his own lunch), we wandered the parking lot. A pretty darn big parking lot, over at the mall, in search of an open restaurant. I might add that yesterday was probably the hottest day we've had in more than a month. Figures. Oh well. So ended up at this new little place called NOODLE STIX. Nice spot. [Different Taste at a Different Place] No idea what anything on that menu said, but took a chance and had a really great lunch. Noodle Stix - yeah I like the sound of that - great name for a restaurant. Good food too, nice staff - and cheap.

So in all that wondering around in that great big parking lot - we found a really nice little FAKE flower shop. Cool spot. Stopped for some PISANG GORENG on the way home too. (Sorry Scott) Too bad we didn't have some ice cream to go with that.

So an interesting thing about being an expat. Thanks to E-mail, Facebook, SMS and MSN Chat, yesterday I communicated (not sure what other word I could use there) with; 6 friends, 6 different nationalities, now living in 5 different countries. That's pretty cool. A big thanks to who ever invented that.

TODAY: Well, today is wide open. Have some stuff I should do. Some stuff I'd like to do and some stuff that is definitely on the do not. Lots of day ahead of me.

I guess I should really be reading the book. The new book for Book Club, "Girls Like Us" by Sheila Weller. Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon, now I normally like the biography stuff, but ........... hmmm, not really having a good time with this one. Sorry girls, but I seem to keep getting lost in it. Maybe it's the size of the book. I just measured it with the ruler - it's 4 and a half centimeters thick. That's almost 2 inches. Ooooh - it is a big book.

Well, Happy day everyone. Good to Go!

P.S. Just got the word - beer is back - and yeah, the price went UP.

No comments: