OK DEH!



Ok deh. Pronounced; oh-ke-day. Translation; all right then or okay. Bahasa Banjar, and widely used in Balikapan.

Ok deh. I like the sound of that. And our yesterday certainly was an ok deh kind of day. We spent the whole of our Sunday afternoon hanging out at the beach. Local friends invited us to the beach near their house, Some kids, some dogs, a BBQ, a few go carts, a new thatch roof on the deck, great sunshine and nice cool breeze. Everything we needed for a day on the beach.

What a great Sunday.

The internet in our compound is BROKE. Has been since yesterday afternoon in fact, No idea when they'll get that running again. All I know is it's BROKE. So I decided I'd get this ready and as soon as I can I will post.

TODAY: Today, another busy Monday. Seems all the Mondays here are busy. Have the pool this morning. Yeah - sunshine. Sorry Ali - but it rained last night. I think your prediction was 5 days short.

I need to go way across town this afternoon to the printers. Have to drop off a bunch of files to get done this week. It's sooooo easy here. No waiting. They'll get all these jobs done in less than a week. And probably deliver them all for me too if I like.

Need to get organized for tomorrow night. Book Club get together. At our house. Need to make snacks, some kind of cake and try and find some wine in this town that has gone dry. We're suffering through the after Idul Fitri effects. Might be 2 or 3 more weeks before the shipments of just about everything start flowing in again.

And need to finish reading the book.

Ok deh. Time to go. Good to Go.

No comments: