THE HAPPY SHIRT



Last night - a Friday BBC Night. A Mie Goreng night for me. BBC's famous Fajitas for almost everyone else though. Some good conversation sitting out under the stars and enjoying the nice breeze off the ocean on their new deck (good thing they built the deck - we all love the deck).

And last night, my friend finally got to put on his HAPPY SHIRT. A happy shirt? He's had a really rough last couple of days. I mean weeks, no actually it's probably more like a month. Talk about a planning, management, arrangement, administration, orchestration, coordination, execution, handling, logistics nightmare. Anyways - it finally all came together for him yesterday ....... and the packers are actually there. This morning in fact. And now I'm told it looks like a bomb went off in his house.

Now about that HAPPY SHIRT. And he really does have one. His HAPPY SHIRT ........ has a picture of "Tigger the Tiger" bouncing around on his tail. You know that light hearted, carefree orange cat that hangs out with Winnie Pooh. Ok, so who could you possibly pick that isn't happier than that? Good on you Peter! I hope you get to wear it lots.

Hey, well we've actually had a whole row of sunshiny days for awhile now. I row I think means more than One. Maybe the Dry Season switched with Rainy. Yesterday, I was told if it doesn't rain on a Friday - means it won't rain for a whole week. I'll guess we'll see about that.

TODAY: Today is Pizza Hut. It's been a long time since we did that. Yes, there is Pizza Hut in Balikpapan. One. But they don't deliver out to our house - we're way too far down the road for that. So have to make a trip into town this afternoon. We have lots of KFCs too (they won't deliver either). And it looks like the brand new A&W is going to open up soon. I'm guessing at least another month - I'll keep you posted. Mmmmmmm onion rings.

....... and then there's the rumor about a STARBUCKS. So sorry Jan, but I'm just not so sure about that? But hey, if it really does happen - we're there - I'll buy.

Ok, a whole weekend ahead of us now. Canadian Thanksgiving in fact. Happy Turkey Day back home everyone.

Ok, it's pizza time. Good to Go!

No comments: