SUNSHINE + KUDA-KUDA


What a difference some sunshine makes.

The photo above. Winged kuda-kuda at the Balikpapan Super Blok. Kuda is one horse and kuda-kuda is more than one. There are no plurals in Bahasa. All over Balikpapan you can find these kinds of things. Horses, sun bears, monkeys, soldiers, all sorts statues, you name it. I should mention though, that the "Lonely Policeman" has disappeared - all that's left are his boots. And as far as horses go, I've never actually seen a real one here - they tell me it's too hot.

It's sure been an interesting, busy and unusual week. SO FAR. We're trying to book ourselves a little get-away this weekend. Hoping to leave tomorrow night. Still waiting for Yuyu at the Cakawala Travel place to get back to us. See what our options are. Maybe a trip to Bali or the Gili Islands is the perfect way to spend the weekend. We'll see I guess.

I think I finally got the FORTNIGHT thing figured. What a weird saying. Who counts days by 2 weeks? Apparently the Fort part means fourteen. I had to check that out. Ok, now I know what all you UK guys are talking about...............

TODAY: Today is wide open. No plans, YET. And anything can happen around here. Have a whole bunch of emails to catch-up on now that we have our Internet back - maybe that's what I should be doing ............ we'll see.

Later. Good to Go!

No comments: