FANTASTIC ITS FRIDAY!



Last photo for for Manado bunch - time to move on to something else. I'm sure you can tell - I really do like the place. This is the view we had every day from the hotel we stayed at, with the island (volcano) Manado Tua (old Manado) in the back. And there's a huge coral reef out there too - that people come to, from all over the world to see. Next week they'll be hosting the WOC (World Ocean Conference) and the Coral Triangle Summit. Good on them I think!

So I spent my yesterday hanging out with the TOURIST. The TOURIST is visiting from Australia this week. This is his first trip to this town. First trip to Indonesia in fact.

Just so you know - a tourist guide I'm not. But I tried. And now he's got a whole lot of funky, baggy, batik Balikpapan pants to take back. Even took him to the Gems Blue Sapphire shop. (No I didn't buy anything - not yet, but I'm working on that.) We pretty much did the whole circle trip around this town. And spent the afternoon back at that Crocodile Farm (seems I've been going there a lot). And last night, the TOURIST and some other folks came over for lasagna, darts and rum. Yeah, I know, a bit of a strange mix - really strange actually - but we sure had fun.

...... Blue Sapphires - as well, I do really like those too. Truth is, I just about like anything that's blue. And even though they're not my birthstone - I'm still planning on getting some.

TODAY: This morning - coffee and cake. The afternoon is an errand run, and later tonight me and the TOURIST will join up with some other folks. Time to head into the weekend. Thanks for reading. Have a good one.

Good to Go!

No comments: