HAVE A NICE DAY

Ok, so since the internet has turned into a give-me-grief thing here this morning, I've had lots of time to sort through all the photos I never seem to do anything with. Be prepared - over the next while you might even get to see some.

No, this not my furniture - trust me, I would never let that happen in my house. I can assure you of that. It is in fact from a hotel room I had on a trip to Mataram, Lombok. Aside from the fact that the hot and cold water were on opposing sides of the bathroom, it was actually a really great place to stay - totally awesome people. Not too sure about the decorating issues they have going on. The carved eagle was, believe it or not, the head of the bed. Imagine sleeping with that thing looking down on you all night. And there was even a matching make-up table and a set of arm chairs. (all with eagles of course)

Had a nice day yesterday. I think I like Tuesday the best. The South American cooking class was great. And I've decided I especially like Ponche Crema. It's a Venezuelan drink - with Rum. Yum.

A trip to the mall yesterday afternoon with an added bonus of finding pre-made pizza crusts. (need to get back there and buy them all up) (before someone else does) Me and the other Me, even managed to find time to go way across town for a massage last night. And that was nice.

A few interesting observations from my trip to the mall yesterday - aside from the fact that there is actually a new store (with nothing in it). And I should point out that this may only be a little interesting (or strange) to me.

Interesting Observation #1: Young boys working in the Body Shop selling women's skin products. And make-up. Hmmmm - something just seems terribly wrong with this.

Interesting Observation #2: The Stereophonics' Have A Nice Day playing at an incredibly high decibel through-out the super market (Hero Store) and more than one customer singing along with it. I wonder if they think maybe we'll all hang out and listen and buy more stuff. Maybe they're on to something - sure beats elevator music. (and of course, now I've got the have a nice day lyrics stuck in my head)

Interesting Observation #3: A new shipment of brightly coloured plastic liter box pooper scoopers have arrived at the super market (Hero Store) and if you happen to be looking for one - they've hung them up with all the nice shinny spatulas and serving spoons and whisks, in the kitchen utensils isle. Somebody seriously needs to go help them out with that one.

Interesting Observation #4: This didn't actually happen at the mall, but .............. why is it that a Traditional Massage changes every time you get one? There must be a whole lot of versions of traditional floating about.

TODAY: Oh, who knows. So far this morning things have totally gone off the rails. My I-was-planning-to-do-in-the-a.m. list, will now all become afternoon stuff. And that's OK.

...... and some news just in from home. Congratulations to a special someone.

Have a nice day.

Good to Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing! Great post!