BACK ON BLOGGING

Hey, I made it. I'm back. Good trip. Very good trip in fact. And just what I needed I guess. Special note: if you ever get to do this - make sure you get the window seat.

Seems all is well in Balikpapan. Gearing up for the election next week. Thursday - which is a day off for some, but not for everyone. Yup, the other Me will be working that day too, and the next and the next and ....... (The other Me could really use a day OFF.)

So about my trip: Balikpapan - Surabaya - Bali - Mataram - Gili Trawangan - Mataram - Surabaya - and back. Busy, busy trip and a whole bunch of plane rides too (+ a boat or two) A sort of shopping trip actually. But not for me - for my friend's new spot she's setting up here in Balikpapan. Will tell all about that, at a later date. I've decided to refer to this as my "not like a tourist trip". It was great - not once did I feel like a tourist. And that was probably the best part.

Took loads of photos too. BUT, big but in fact. My camera card doesn't want to work. And that sucks - big time. They are not lost - just need to get a program that will recover all the great photo shots I got. I'm working on it, managed to recover a couple so far (today's post photo from Surabaya) Promise I'll post a whole bunch once I get a handle on that. Gotta show you the pics from Gili - what a great spot.

So remember the "THE DOCTOR" post from a few posts back? Well one of my Blog followers thinks he's figured it out. Turns out "The Doctor" might just be Valentino Rossi; a professional Italian motorcycle racer (MotoGP) and apparently one of the most successful motorcycle racers of all time. World Champion in fact. Now that would just figure, makes way too much sense. Of course people here (a country that has more motorcycles than any other place in the world) would idolize this guy enough to put his aka-name on the back of their truck.

Valentino Rossi - AKA 'The Doctor'. Check it out.

SIDE NOTE: Everyone over here watches the races - of any kind in fact. And tomorrow night we're having some folks over to do just that. Formula 1. Malaysia Grand Prix from Kuala Lumpur.

TODAY: I have no idea yet. Today - I woke up without a plan. Working on it.

Good Saturday. Good to Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We missed you.