HAPPY HARI SABTU


Is this not the coolest cactus or what? And, yes you can grow cacti here (Balikpapan). It must be the sand I think, or more likely the heat. This was actually a gift - to someone very special in fact. Ahhh. Yeah, ok - enough of that. Anyways, was a really good find this week and gotta love the colours too. Puts a little SPRING into life I think.

First things first, before I forget (again), an interesting note: the A&W here has added to their menu. Onion Rings! Yes believe it or not, they finally have onion rings. Now, come on - who ever heard of an A&W that didn't have onion rings? And really - how hard was that?

TODAY: Off to do the Hunter/Gatherer thing. More about that in a minute - first I must tell you about my yesterday and the purchase of milk.

So, yesterday, I stopped in at the Deli Cafe (on my quest for non-sour milk). I mentioned to the girl that the one I bought the day before (from another shop) turned out to be not so good. She in turn - asked me if I wanted to test the one I was about to buy. Even offered me a glass to taste it with. (Inner smile) Only in Balikpapan I think - gotta love that.

So back to the Hunter/Gatherer thing, aka - doing the grocery shop. Hunter/Gatherer is a suitable name for that here (I think) - cause you never get everything you want in just one stop. You actually have to go and look for it (whatever it is) everywhere. And more often than not - you'll come home empty handed. There's no continuous stocking of shelves around here. If you see something this week - next week is probably a NOT.

And if you do happen to see something that you really, really like, you better buy lots - no matter the cost. And after that, you need to SMS all your friends and them all know too. Sometimes in fact, it's even worth an SMS to other Me. "Hey Honey - guess what I got?" Don't get me wrong - there's absolutely NO shortage of food here, just might not be the stuff you want.

Ok, enough rambling for one day. Tomorrow, the F1 Chinese Grand Prix - 3 o'clock. Happy weekend everyone!

Good to Go!

No comments: