FIRE ANT FRIDAY


Friday. Fire Ants!! Check out the guy on the right, I think he's dishing out the daily drill to all the rest. I wonder if they actual listen? Ok, so that was a pretty sad attempt at some humor, and I'm not really certain they're even called Fire Ants. But when they bite - it sure fricken hurts and and lasts a long time too. And these guys are big. They're fire RED and about 1 cm long - that's about 1/2 inch for the imperial people amongst you. Anyways, these guys thrive here. Not hard to find them walking along just about any old fence.

So it's Friday and I don't even have the urge to add f-i-n-a-l-l-y to that. In fact it's been a really great week. I'm attributing it all to that list that I made. The "Things I Want To-Do" list, has been working out totally great. It's not that I haven't been busy and I've had all kinds of things I had to do - but somehow, without even thinking I've managed to tick 4 things off the things I want to do. Awesome!

Some exciting news - my favorite book of all time (kid's book) is being made into a movie. Where The Wild Things Are - by Maurice Sendak. Can't believe it took this long - in theaters October 16th. http://wherethewildthingsare.warnerbros.com/ Go check it out. ....... and the sound track is aiming to be pretty cool too. Can't wait to see it. Any takers for this?

Good Fortnight Lunch yesterday too. (Not that I ever thought that it wouldn't be) We had a really great day in fact. Except for the sour milk I somehow managed to get. Yup, turns out the one I bought was not the best choice after all - YUCK. My friend even managed to get herself a new watch. And it's a really cool new watch too. Too bad I didn't get a photo of that. Oh, well - maybe next shopping trip. (oops - did I say that? I meant lunch - wink wink.) Just wait till you hear the plans we have for next week.

TODAY: It's Friday. It's raining again (still), I can hear the dripping again up in the roof (still), I think it may have rained pretty much the whole night - the puddles outside are starting to turn into lakes. And I have a zero plan for the day. I think I might just jump into my list. Love it!

Good to Go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Can't wait for October 16th!

TGIF!!