FRIDAY RECAP


AWESOME! Ok, so where do I begin? This might end up being a little bit longer than the norm post. Need to do a bit of a recap I think.

The Crocodile Field Trip on Wednesday with the English Class - what a blast. I'm hoping if they do that again - they'll invite me back. What a great bunch. I must point out - I was invited along so the students would have an English as a first language person to practice with. And they did a great job of it too.


This was not my first trip to the Crocodile Farm - in fact I've been there quite a number of times - but it has been awhile. Note: This is a FARM and not a ZOO. Yes, there are a whole lot of crocodiles there - quite likely a thousand perhaps (maybe more). Big ones, VERY VERY BIG ones, medium to large ones - little ones (babies) and a whole bunch of sizes in between. I should also add there are a number of species there too. And if you so choose ......... they have crocodile meat (satay) to try too.

We didn't just see crocodiles there either. There's a few other things you can can see and do there too. There's monkeys, turtles, a pair of elephants (that offer rides on the weekends) and another weird looking thing that reminds me of a badge, but most impressive to me and the scariest - the snakes. Definitely the snakes - boa constrictors. The little snakes in the top photo are actually 2 baby ones that were found in someone's house. (Special Note: I am completely horrified of snakes.)

Oh yeah, and about the soccer (football) on the right. Well after all that, we ended up at the Pantai Manggar for a bit of football on the beach and fresh coconut drinks. Great fun everyone - Thanks for asking me.

And about Samarinda, now that's a whole 'nother story. But, enough for this post. Let's just say it was a long one. Will write about that next post. (Have some good photos too.)

TODAY: What can I say? It's Friday! And the usual pre-weekend stuff. Most importantly though - off to pick up plane tickets for next week.

Good to Go!

No comments: