EARTH DAY


Earth Day today.

Yes believe it or not these people are cleaning the beach. Good deal.

This is probably a good time for me to tell you all about the garbage can plan around here in Balikpapan. I'm not exactly certain when this new edict (law) was put into place, but anyways, as of now - all vehicles here, must be equipped with a garbage can. And I have no idea what the actually fine would be for not following that, so - a garbage can we've got.

Good Book Club get together last night. That was fun and it sure was nice to see everyone. And even though the book was not my favorite 'Night' by Elie Wiesel, it certainly generated some really good discussion. Don't get me wrong, not that it wasn't a good book. Just not my kind I guess.

I had a great yesterday. Big THANK YOU(s) to everyone. It was a special day.

TODAY: I'm hooking up with an English Language Class - going on a field trip. Going to Tritip. We're off to the Crocodile Farm this afternoon.

And, I'm going to do something I haven't done in a very long time. PAINT. Yup, today is the day - I'm going to get back into that again.

........ but first, we're making a big big batch of perogies. Yum.

And just so all of you know - the internet here the last couple-five days SUCKS. Having big problems with publishing posts. Very S-L-O-W. But I'll just keep trying.

Good to Go!

No comments: