SELAMAT NYEPI SAKA 1931

Today marks my 100th post. Believe it or not? I shock myself in fact. Can't believe I've managed to carry this on that long. Didn't think I had that much to say. (Actually, truth is - most people that know me will probably agree - I do have a tendency to talk a lot.)

So, yesterday - rather un-intendingly, I ended up spoiling myself. Almost all by accident of course. Just a little bit. 2 hours at my favorite salon. For 2 hours it was all about me in fact. And gotta love that. Every bit good.

A public holiday (red calendar day) here today - of sorts. There are like so many fricken' holidays here. Unlike most other countries in the world. Indonesia it seems recognizes all of them. Muslim, Christian, Hindu, etc., etc. Today is the Balinese Hindu Nyepi Saka. The Day of Silence. The day everyone stays home with all the lights out. In fact, in Bali - you can not go out. There are actual marshals posted all over the place to enforce exactly that and the lights out rule too. All the ATMs and pop machines etc., etc., are covered in paper so no light can shine out. And today in Bali, you will not see any planes in the sky. They are not allowed to fly. Ironic that this is happening so close to the rest of the world's EARTH HOUR 2009 - March 28th. Try a whole day folks!

The "of sorts" part. It's not an actual holiday for everyone. Just for some. Depends on a whole bunch of stuff. Like where you live, where you work and where you're from. And I'm not sure how they even begin to sort all that out.

TODAY: Full on day ahead. Loads of things I need to - should do - must do TODAY.

And #1 on the list - need to hurry up and pack. Have ticket in hand and ready to go - going to hook up with a friend in Bali and then we're off. Off on a shopping trip to Lombok and who knows what else or what we'll bring back. Adventure? You bet - and I'm all up for that.

Good to Go! Almost.

No comments: