HERE WE GO

Goodbye weekend - hello Monday. Here we go.

Busy day today - right from GO! I fully intended to do a post first thing off the bat this morning - but then the whole entire day got in way. ..........and that's the kind of day it's been. My kind of day.

We had a really nice weekend. We did errands, had naps, ate fish* (I'll get to that), watched movies, had visitors, played darts and even got out and about for bit. Serious - it was awesome. Nice! NICE! Gotta like that.

So another farewell again coming up this week, yes there's been a lot of those lately and just as many newcomers too by the way. Balikpapan is not emptying out - least not where I live anyway. We have all kinds of new neighbours moving in. (starting to feel a bit like the Welcome Wagon Lady) Our longtime countryman/been in Balikpapan forever (5+ years) friend is finally on his way. All the empty corn flake boxes he threw out over the weekend pretty much gave that away. Anyways had a nice dinner with him last night, gave him his 'Get of Jail Free' card** and wished him on his way. Oman - he's on his way. I think today, the other me starting checking out his options for a new cell mate.

** Apparently after 5 years it can feel like that. I even know a few other people who would most likely confirm that for me. Guess I haven't been here long enough yet - not quite.

* Ate Fish. I think I've gotten my asterisks mixed up. Oh well - I did eat fish though. Fabulous BBQ fish (at 10:30 a.m.)(with loads of chilies) - that the driver's wife cooked and sent over for me. Awww. That was nice. Real nice.

Weekend Sides Notes:

:: Just because you asked - my Dengue Fever friend is on the mend. Looking like things are going to be Ok.

:: It's like 49.5°C in Sharjah (Dubai). Wholly HOT!

:: "........ I don't do that joining letters together thing." I think you meant hand writing. Right?

TODAY: It's Monday! (down to the last little bit of it by now though) HERE WE GO! Let's do this week.

Good to Go!

No comments: