WOW



Wow - it's February. Just what we all need. A brand new month. Actually this is going to be a great month. Have a holiday to do.

The Burns Night - sorry no photo from Burns Night. But, it was impressive I'd have say. The Balikpapan Burns Society did a really awesome job. Was just like one of those Red Carpet events you see on Entertainment tonight. Complete with the guy and his camera taking your picture when you arrived through the metal detectors (Yeah, we're still in Balikpapan) Pretty snazzy though - and everyone was all dressed all up. Was like the who's who of Balikpapan. Bagpipes, Scottish dancing, lots of kilts, lots of whiskey, more whiskey and a really great meal.

My first time to taste Haggis, ever. Isn't as bad as I thought it would be, although I think they may have added a bit of Indonesian spice to it. Jazzed it up a bit. Maybe? I was expecting it to be a little more bland than that. Haggis served with Bashed Neeps and Champit Tatties. Tatties are potatoes and the Neeps are mashed turnips. The Neeps - sorry, but I did not really care for that stuff too much. But the other Me did. Your mother would be proud of you, although you did comment yesterday that it might have had something to do with Whiskey.

It wasn't just Haggis either. Started out with Cock-a-leekie soup. No wonder Robby Burns was such a good poet - look the language he had to work with. Scottish really is a language in fact, and hard to understand too. It was a really nice dinner, lamb stew, trifle, shortbread and a thing they called tablet which tasted just like like fudge to me.

Now imagine this. A bottle of Whiskey that sold for $1,850 US. Auctioned off that night. I guess. Can't imagine it myself. You've probably figured out I'm not a big fan of whiskey, at-all-ever, yuck. But I guess, some people really, like the stuff. So apparently this was not just any bottle of Whiskey - it was in fact a Limited Edition, 37 year old Bottle of Whiskey. “Famous Grouse”. And only one of 250 in the world. A special Whiskey in honor of Robby Burns. Wow - can't imagine paying that much for a bottle of anything. Hope the lucky guy enjoys it.

TODAY: Well thought I had the pool thing this morning - but no body showed. Change of plans I guess. Guess that means I have lots of time to do other stuff. Like clean-up the mess in the office. AGAIN. AGAIN. AGAIN. I am so good at that.

Back on the milk mission again.

Ok, we're February-ready. Let's do it!

Good to Go!

No comments: