WINNNNNDY

WINDY! Just a little bit. Wholly - you'd think something was blowing in yesterday - but in the end it didn't. (?) One of those dull, gloomy, GREY days. I don't know how people can stand to live in places where it rains a lot. I need sunshine - and lots of it!

Election Day today. Presidential Election actually. That means most people (as in local people - not expats) will get the first half of this day off to go and vote. Oh, heck - might as well take the whole day off. Why not? That's usually the way it works around here. Voters here today get to vote for their favorite out of 3, choosing a new President (maybe) and a new Vice-President.

Some interesting facts about the election: Indonesia is the world's 3rd-largest democracy, and this is only the 2nd direct presidential election ever here. Things change - don't they? We'll see.

I had the greatest hair-fix-up-shoulder-massage thing yesterday. That for certain is one of things I will surely miss when I leave here. .........don't go getting excited - no news of me leaving here anytime soon. Not yet. Besides - I rather quite like living here. For now anyways, staying put.

TODAY: First thing this morning - I had to turn the TV to OFF. No disrespect, but - I'm sorry when it comes to hearing the Michael Jackson stuff - over and over and over again. I've had enough! My apologies, but, I just can't do it.

And today - our house STINKS! Need to try and do something about the horrid smell in our house. Smells like a frickin' sewer in fact. Sewer gas. YUCK! So what we initially thought was a bad smell coming from the laundry room drain - is really coming from every toilet, tub, shower, and sink in this place. Sorry maintenance men - but putting duck tape over the drain IS NOT (I repeat) IS NOT, going to fix this. This would be one of the downsides of living here - every time it rains a whole bunch.

As soon as we get some butter thawed out we're going to make about 4 dozen cookies and with any luck we'll soon mask over the horrid smell with a slightly pungent burnt peanut butter scent.

One last thing before I close this up for today. Just a little favor I need - can some one please, please wish a Very Happy HAPPY Birthday!!! to my mom from me and the other Me. Thx.

Ok, that's it. Good to Go!

No comments: