BENZIN


Have a busy day today so not a lot of time for a post. I took this pic yesterday on my home from my shopping trip on the other side of town. I know, it's not the greatest picture - but oh well, what the heck.

These little stands are all over the place, all over Indonesia, not just Balikpapan. And in those bottles is BENZIN. Pronounced: ben-zeen. And it's fuel. Petrol or gas or whatever you want to call it. And today, a 1 litre bottle, the clear bottles up on the top, costs 5,500 Rupiah. That works out to (today) about 48 cents US.

I should also mention it's fuel for motorcycles - not cars. Apparently there's a difference - I didn't know that. But, I don't imagine one of those little bottles would get you very far anyways.

The shopping yesterday - all I can say is DID NOT WORK OUT! No milk at K's, no sour cream, no cheese, and the Hero store - wholly what a mess. They're re-arranging everything. So almost everything is in carts and not on the shelf. And you'd think they'd do it one isle at a time. NOT.

TODAY: A hurry, hurry day ahead. Lots to do. My friend and I are off to an open house. A house warming of sorts. My first time for this kind of event here so not really sure what to expect. And then I'll try and do yesterday's shopping - almost all over again.

Have a great weekend everyone. Good to Go!

No comments: