DRAGON FLYS + SNAGS

Ok, so the Dragon Fly - I guess, just because it was there.

Now about the SNAGS. What the !@#* are SNAGS? I have to admit, at first I truly thought it was a misprint. And I had to ask. So, next week the Le Grandeur Hotel is having an Australia Day event. And the poster says they'll be serving SNAGS. I thought they did a misprint that turned snacks into SNAGS. It's not uncommon for stuff like that to happen around here - In fact this week the Calgary Flames became the CALAGARAY Flames in Saturday's Jakarta Post. Well anyways, SNAGS, it turns out are Australian Sausages. Who would ever have thought of that? I don't remember any SNAGS on the menu when I was there. And along with the SNAGS, there's going to be Aussie Pies, Aussie Burgers, Aussie Steaks and a whole lot of beer.

Now that I'm topic of events: we still have a few seats left at our table for Robby Burns Night. Free Whiskey (YUCK) and men in skirts (????). Any takers? Should be a fun night I think.

Fortnight Lunch: how about tomorrow for that?

Record time for bill paying yesterday. That was good. That was GREAT in fact. Gotta like it when that happens. And I think I found the new cinema everyone's been talking about. Imagine that - a new cinema in town. CINEMA 21. Now I just need to actually go there and see if the movies are in English or Bahasa. English would be great, but even Bahasa with subtitles would work.

TODAY: Off to the Haai Hotel this morning for coffee and a cooking class. My first time to this place - I've seen the sign before and sort-of looks like it's off the beaten path a bit. We'll see - always up for a little adventure in life. And we have sunshine - lots of it. Great way to start the day don't you think?

Good to Go!

No comments: