HELLO TUESDAY



Hello Tuesday. How are you? Looks like we are about to find out.

My yesterday was a good one. Found a coffee machine with a whole lot less effort than I thought it take. Only took 4 stops - and just when I was about to give up ........ managed to get the last one (most likely the only one) off the shelf at the HERO Store. Thank you HERO store. I sure appreciate that. And the coffee this morning ........... mmmmm GOOD. And it didn't end up spilling from the counter and onto the floor - BIG BONUS #1. (What an awesome start to a day.)

Let me explain about the existence of coffee and coffee pots in Indonesia. My version of the facts: firstly, tea probably ranks above coffee. And both are sweetened up a whole lot. And I do mean LOTS. Spoonfuls of gula (sugar). A little over the top in fact. So coffee, is usually the instant version and it does not very often come from a coffee machine or a pot. I think this may have something to do with the fact that electricity is not something to be relied upon here, and there are a whole bunch of people here that have none. Fortunately, as expats, we happen to be some of the lucky ones.

So, back to the instant coffee - even the restaurants serve it. And, in most cases you're choices are either Nescafe or a thing called 3 in 1. I prefer 3 in 1. That's a premixed version of coffee, cream and sugar. I'm going to guess that now you've probably figured out all the excitement about the NEW Starbucks. COMING SOON. A first in Kalimantan. (At least that's what the sign says.)

And to everyone making the move to Balikpapan, best bring your coffee machine with you.

Last night we ended up at our favorite place (Note: we have a few favorites here). Not a late night, but it sure was nice to see everyone. Slowly, slowly, everyone's making there way back after the holidays. And slowly, slowly everyone's getting over differing versions of jet lag. Another week and we'll all be back on the same clock and have all our sleep patterns sorted out. A 15 hour nap - believe it or not I can do that. Didn't beat my record of 17 though, but I think I'm back on the clock.

TODAY: First thing this morning is maintenance, time to get the AC freshened up and cleaned out. BIG BONUS #2.

TODAY: Organization Day. Starting with my brand new 2009 Day Timer. Yeah I'm a little late - but that's OK. And clean-up, sort-out, put-away, through-away all the piles of stuff around here that have built up. And that will be BIG BONUS #3. (Here's hoping that works out.)

And on top of that - I'm Good to Go!

No comments: