THURSDAY


The kitchen sink - fixed. Draining like no body's business now - for now - till next time anyways. Still have a bit of rubble left over out the kitchen window though. Lumps of clay instead of a nice patch of grass. I'm sure we'll figure out what to do about that - more garden perhaps. We have to put all those new little plants someplace.

Anyways, can't say too much more about the kitchen sink. AS THERE IS NO WATER TO DRAIN DOWN IT THIS MORNING AGAIN! Yup, here we go again - once again, the water's been shut off. A left over problem from last week. Wholly - having no water SUCKS!

Now I have to tell you about my experience in the carpet shop yesterday. Yeah - I know I went out to buy milk (which I only managed to buy 1 - good thing my friend saw it in the morning and put my name on it) and ended up in a Carpet Shop. It's a very long story how that ended up - but, that's what happens here. Sometimes.

So this guy that runs the carpet shop, who speaks impeccable English, gave me the most extensive education/lesson/history of handmade carpets in the world. There is a whole lot of work and a whole lot of hours that go into these carpets. And they truly are beautiful hand made carpets. He was very insistent on showing at least a quarter of his "collection" to me. I should have known I was in trouble as soon as I started admiring this little 1 metre by 2 metre carpet made of wool and silk. Just a little bit EXPENSIVE I think - for me anyways. But I'm sure someone will buy it. No I did not. If I would have come home with that beautiful little carpet with a discounted price of $5000 US - the other Me would most likely have wrapped/rolled me up in it like a mummy and exported me off. LOL. Lesson learnt - at all costs - stay out of expensive carpet shops.

TODAY: Need to get a little job done, finished, complete, dropped off and out of here. And that's exactly what's happening too. And I feel pretty good about it. Good job.

The Fortnight lunch crew is stepping things up a bit. And going out again this week. Not sure if there's an actual name for once a week instead of every two but ............ oh well we're doing it.

And, today - I'm finally getting rid of all those ugly ORANGE curtains in our house. YES!

Good to Go!

No comments: