RED LIGHTS

You know you're in Balikpapan when ........ you find stuff like this. The things you find in Balikpapan - it just amazes me. (except for CREAM CHEESE - is there any out there yet?) These are actually Christmas lights. Happened across these when my friend and I were checking out the Christmas decorations at the ACE Hardware store a few days ago. And on sale to boot - guess not every one's into maple leaves around here. Very cool. Do you think, by chance they sell these in Canada? Probably not. Think I'm saving these for July 1st.

The rain/flood yesterday. Well, no news is good news I guess. Nothing out of the ordinary anyways. No land slides - this time, at least. Not really much of an impact. Big rains and flooding here, unfortunately - here, it happens a lot. Amazing how everyone can keep their smiles on, when everything they own is lost. Balikpapan + Home Insurance = NOT. Balikpapan + Big smiles = LOTS + LOTS.

Good day yesterday - got lots of stuff (stuff I put off) DONE. And that feels great. Maybe that's what rainy days are all about. And once you get started there's no turning back.

TODAY: Sun's out. And I'm off on the big ERRAND run. Need to pay some phone bills and few other things too. Today I just might try some more street food - Pisang Gapit. And tonight, maybe me and the other Me - should be dinner out tonight.

Ok, time to go. Good to Go!

No comments: