MOTORCYCLE MADNESS

2 sun days in a row. Gotta like that. And it's a Friday!

Motorcycle Madness yesterday. Maybe I just noticed them more or something like that. Balikpapan is full of motorcycles. Everybody's got at least one I think. Way more motorcycles than cars here for sure. Too bad I didn't have the camera. Would have made for some really good photo ops. It amazes me to see the stuff that gets hauled around on a motorcycle here. These guys (above) I think might be electricians - maybe, the driver has a spool of electrical wire wedged between his knees. How in the world can they even drive like that? ........... I need more photos. How much can one carry on a motorcycle? LOTS.

Yesterday, all the bills are paid up, and the list, checked a bunch of stuff off. The house phone - CAN NOT pay in advance. Maybe yes. Maybe no. Maybe might get cut off. Took 4 months to get it turned on in the first place - might be without that when we get back. Pisang Gapit - bananas with red sugar (gula merah) sauce. It's awesome stuff. Not too sweet - just right. It is definitely worth trying if you ever get the chance.

Me and the other Me had a really nice dinner out last night. Good food - the biggest ribs I've ever seen in my life - just like Fred Flintstone; good company - some really good friends; maybe too many beers - I had 3 - I don't like beer - ???? YUCK - what was I thinking; and some really good laughs - SMS-ing to KL - total silliness, but it sure was fun.

Can't let today's post go without a big CONGRATULATIONS to a couple of friends. After a long, long wait, a new baby girl has finally arrived (UK) in their family. Congrats guys - now get some sleep.

TODAY: Ok, Friday go ahead - surprise me - I'm ready for that. I have no idea. But it sure is noisy outside the house. I think they're cutting the lawns with whipper snippers again. Today might just be a good day for surprises. Pool Day to start - OK off to the pool. Time for some pool and a little bit of sun.

Have a great weekend everyone. Good to Go!

No comments: