MARKET STUFF

I promised myself I was going to do this today. Before lunch. ....... and I'm doing it. Yeah! I'm actually home this morning for the first time this week. This has definitely been one of my busiest weeks.

So, yesterday was a market day. The place you get to utilize your bargaining skills. At the market - bargaining is a must.

Above - Pasir Inpres and some beaded purses plus + plus* that you can buy in this market. The bead work on these things is absolutely amazing. And, I'm sure hours and hours have gone into these. Those are traditional Kaltim designs. Kal = Kalimantan, our propinsi (as in state or province). Tim = Timor or east. You see it on almost every T-shirt here. And there are loads and loads of this stuff here. Plus all the other stuff. Including 3 humongous pineapples for $3. I love the market.

*PLUS + PLUS is pretty common phrase around here. Almost everything involves a bit of the plus + plus.

TODAY:
Sun's out. And the girls are having a fortnight Happy Birthday lunch. Good day to go hang out at the Beach House. ..... at least for a little while today. Sure looks to me like it's shaping up to be a pretty good day.

Good to Go!

No comments: